Sunday, May 16, 2010

Juicy and Raw: Back on the wagon Again


After much yo yo juicing…I finally created a big enough game to motivate me to go for a long term juice cleanse.  60 days of juicing combined with superfoods and super creative nutrient rich recipes I intend to successfully complete my cleanse July 7th my son John’s 5th birthday.

Back in January I declared that I would have my best body ever by May. I tried three times to stick with it and each time my bad habits would take over. I would watch myself get swept up by my internal voice luring me to the “dark side” and then I would feel totally consumed by my desires and cravings. Even working out would be erratic. I would work out commitedly for two weeks then two weeks off. I just could not seem to get my “groove” in what I said I wanted.

Eventually I came to realize I just wasn’t ready! And it was okay. Timing is everything. Mental or Emotional timing is everything in order to embark on a big goal you must want to do it mentally and emotionally.  I realized I did not have a reason that I felt in my heart was worth the effort. I also saw that I did not believe in my goal because I could not see the end result. What was all the effort going to produce, what would the journey reveal, how would I grow and develop with the “pain” I would endure. I say pain because it feels painful when there is “change”. Habits, routine, consistency, predictability are comforting and hard to let go of and when we introduce new routines, and habits that disrupts and can cause anguish and irritation.

So I knew I was wanting more in my life, my body, my soul….I could hear my body talking to me and yearning to emerge like a butterfly from a cocoon. And then I realized I was ready.

Day 7, 8, 9

I have conveniently avoided writing in detail my daily experiences of juicing….I can say that I have handled the to do list of juicing. Having been my 10th time on a 3-7 day cleanse I definitely have my “groove” on. The longer term cleanses well past 10 days I have only ventured into once. I can see during these 9 days that I have not been 100% juice so I cannot say I have not eaten. During the start I have been going through some emotional experiences. First 1 year since I moved out from my ex husband, second mothers day just came along and it was incredibly lonely day I would say it actually blindsided me as a sad day. Third, we were negotiating a deal to open a retail restaurant and it created quite a bit of stress, stirred some feelings and emotions and brought clarity to exactly the value of my talent.

The emotions and thoughts, anxiety and nerves were so strong and I did not want to eat chips, nuts, or regular food so I justified me eating oranges, grapefruits, and watermelon. I would juice until about 7pm then I would see that luscious orange sitting there peel it and eat it. Now I would say to myself that these fruits are mostly water so it was ok, and the little bit of fiber does not truly impact the cleansing process. And that is how I justified itJ now as a wise friend of mine pointed out…I am not really being in integrity with the process! And with a heavy sigh I must agree and recommit to just juice. See there is a mental difference between just juice and juice with a little fruit. I have seen the difference. Dramatically different actually.

So on day 9 I recommit to just juice!

Here is what has been working:
I get our catalyst juices 3 days worth then I pick up the following from the store
Chard, arugula, kale regular or purple, scallions, garlic, cilantro, parsley, romaine. Not all at the same time but any combination of 3 or 4 of those. I blend them in the Vita Mix and strain them through a mesh baggie and then mix our number one green juice and number two lemon cayenne to make a super juice. I feel so strongly about the power of green leafy vegetables and how beneficial they are to the body. They are so good for healing and nourishing the system.

The second two items I love are MSM and cascara sagrada for the first week oh boy they are magical. MSM is a naturally occurring sulfur found in the body and literally pulls nutrients into the cell and takes out toxicity from the cell. Makes the cell walls stronger and improves, hair, skin,  and nails. Cascara Sagrada is a root found in south America it is dried and ground I take it in pill form. It stimulates the intestines into catastalsis and moves along matter during detoxification.

I have acquired an eye infection in my left eye. The dr says it may be a form of conjunctivitis i picked up some drops and I am nursing it back to health. I wonder how much is related to the cleanse? Or if it is a symptom of the stress of the past two weeks? I am thinking maybe both.

So I journey into my 9th day feeling quite accomplished thus far. The 9 days have been virtually breezy and easy. Not typically what the first week looks like however I think someof mytactics have created a soft landing….Now to explore the next 10 days haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment